Sunday, January 11, 2009

Who wants to join me?




I'm talking about the DinoTri! The Dinotriathlon June 27th. I did it in 2007, but skipped last year due to a sprained ankle. Yeah, I tangled up with a motorcycle riding my bike in Moab and the darned thing took FOREVER to heal. I guess that's a by product of my age. Anyway, I digress. I am committing today to do the Dino Tri , it's a super fun atmosphere. We swim in Red Fleet Reservoir, bike to the high school and run around neighborhoods, then finish in the football stadium. I swear I about cried when I ran in the stadium and they announced my name. Yes I was stumbling around the track half dead, but I made it! My friend Troy was the announcer, and he talked about the fact that I was riding my "trusty mountain bike Spooky" in the event. Yes, I ride a mountain bike...I fear skinny wheels and I'm not too worried about breaking world records in the time category...just improving my fitness.

So I'm throwing it out there. Who wants to join me? Sophie has committed! Maybe her friend Dot...I'm thinking Christina? Who else? It will be lots of fun and maybe we'll get a little more fit in the process.

I'm hoping I get the same number again this year. 303 was perfect...when I held my arm one way it said wow and the other way was mom. Can't beat that!

11 comments:

Loran said...

You are more of a woman than I am! You go girl and I'll cheer you on.

PS I left your spatula in the front door. You left it at my house on New Years day and I've been packing it in my car ever since.

mamateena said...

Got it thanks!

Unknown said...

Are you calling me out?! :) Okay maybe but I am doing the Wasatch Back the weekend before -- if I am still alive after that :)

How cool that they call your name when you come in the stadium! That would be awesome. Oh and skinny wheels are not that bad :)

mamateena said...

I am definately calling you out! come on sista!

jillybeanz said...

I would for sure keel over and die! I am joining a dodgeball team though....does that count or is that gay?

Bingham fam said...

You are pretty amazing! I don't think that I could do that, but maybe I will try a 5k again or maybe even a 10k.

Maya said...

I would die for sure, but we will be there to cheer you on!!

mamateena said...

Maya, you would not die! You are in better shape than me. But I would love to have you cheering!

Ivan (mr poopy buthole) said...

wow so strong much wow

شركة المنارة تنظيف منازل وفلل وموكيت وسجاد بالدمام said...

شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل

شركة تنظيف شقق بالجبيل

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل

شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالجبيل

شركة تسليك مجاري بالجبيل

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالجبيل

Unknown said...

Hi, a great post there. Looking ahead for more of such informative blog.
Aqua guard ro service Centre in noida
Thank you