Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Grandma's "sexy" apron

Grandma has been making home made chocolates like the little elf that she is! About 20 pounds of chocolate, 2 gallons of maraschino cherries, and heaven only knows how many pounds of butter and sugar later...the wondrous things are finished and ready for all the family to enjoy. I told her not to make such huge boxes for everyone this year, and Maya said " don't tell her that about OUR box!" Everyone is looking forward to the annual treat. So if you come to our house and have a home made chocolate...this is the little lady that made them with such love. ( I refuse to make them because I can't resist licking the chocolate off my fingers!)
Matt and Maya went to see her and took her some beautiful flowers on her 83rd birthday. That's when this picture was taken in her "sexy" apron...that's what she calls it any way!
Happy birthday mama! You do look pretty sexy in that apron!
And thanks in advance for the Christmas chocolates I am going to get again this year! ( If Maya doesn't sneak them all!)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the apron and love the chocolates more! I got a two on her birthday. Now i need more :)

mamateena said...

she gives tons of "leakers" away before they're ever boxed!

Loran said...

My grandma used to make cookies for everybody during the holidays and now I make them to carry on her fine tradition. This post makes me miss her so much!

jillybeanz said...

i want a "leaker"

Maya said...

I ate leakers too, and our box is still finished. And there are three more days until we get to Wyoming... and three more boxes in our cupboards! Hee hee!!

mamateena said...

Maya, you are evil!