Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama wins!!!

Yesterday I was floating around town with a huge grin on my face, calling on customers as usual, but one thing was different. We have a new president elect and I couldn't be happier! The tough part is to act nonchalant when you live in the most Republican county in one of the most Republican states in the country, and your Democratic nominee just won! Do you have any idea how frustraing it is that no-one you ever vote for wins? I think I have a right to be happy!

We witnessed history on November 4th...we chose a new direction...we elected an African American and I am so proud of my country. I still remember the race riots when people were not allowed to go to the same school, enter the same door, drink from the same drinking fountain...all because of their skin color. I believe with Barack Obama's election that all racial barriers have been erased.

Barack Hussein Obama! Who would have believed we'd ever elect someone with THAT name! Wow. I still can't believe it.

To his credit, John McCain gave an excellent concession speech and I hope his constituents pay attention. We all need to stop being so divided and partisan to get this mess fixed. The state of our country, is not Obama's problem...it's every Americans problem.

Now if we could just get people to boycott divisive radio talk show people the world would be a better place...trust me.

Celebrate a new beginning. Embrace change. Be proud of your country, but call your government to task. There....I'm done preaching. Now can you hear me smiling????
Sweeeet!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

While I am sure you realize he is not who I voted for I absolutly agree that is very historic and amazing that we have an African American President. I agree with McCain's speech -- it is time to get something done and quite being so divided :)

I can just see the big grin on your face :)

Janie said...

I just had to say that I'm grinning, too! I feel new hope for our country and our future.

The Rook Family said...

Yay! I'm cheering too! And I agree with you about those radio talk show hosts. Talk about hate mongering. SHEESH! We need to get people's brains unhannitized and delimbaughed. STAT!

Bingham fam said...

I was excited about his victory as well. I have to admit I wasn't thrilled with either canidit, but I figure a change would be good for the country right now. But I thought what an awesome thing it was to have a African American voted in as president. It just showes how far we have come in this country!

abo-bder said...




شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة جلى بلاط بالرياض
فنى سباك بالرياض
شركة تسليك مجارى بالرياض